httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject mod_include speed, & hyperreal downtime for upgrade
Date Fri, 31 Jan 1997 03:03:15 GMT

Two things:

1) has anyone looked at speeding up mod_include?  We're in a situation now
where the basic speed of Apache is limiting a site's capacity, and since many
people had mentioned mod_include being slow I was wondering if anyne had at
least benchmarked it if not rewritten how it parses documents.  If not we'll
probably take a stab at it, maybe even looking into using mmap().

2) I'm planning on taking hyperreal down for an hour or so this evening to
upgrade it to BSDI 2.1 - I was going to do it last Sunday night but ran into
disk drive and CD-ROM issues which have since been resolved.  Does anyone mind?
Was anyone planning on an evening of interactive fun with the bug db which this
would seriously impact?  If so, send me mail privately and I'll hold off until
the weekend.

	Brian