httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: we need active bodies
Date Fri, 24 Jan 1997 09:02:53 GMT
On Thu, 23 Jan 1997, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> > And what would someone like me do if they wanted to update it?  I have no
> > problem going through a couple whenever I get some free time, but it has
> > to be possible.
>
> Brian maintains it.  Those of us who have hyperreal accounts are already
> in the database, and I think Brian can add others to the dbm on request.

Yes, I'd be happy to.

> The public interface is at http://www.apache.org/bugdb.cgi
>
> The private interface, so that we can edit the PR's, is at
> http://dev.apache.org/private/bugdb.cgi
>
> > It looks like it is just in GNATS on taz, but who can/should edit it and
> > what are the policies for updates?
>
> We don't have any policies yet, which is part of the problem.  The other
> problem is that none of us seem to have the time to finish setting
> up all the supporting software and improving the interface, since we
> are still too busy fighting fires.

Yes.  It is always #2 on my list of things to do, along with about 10 other
things, meanwhile things keep swapping into and out of the #1 position - for
the last two weeks it's been dealing with the exponential increase in traffic
to our client web sites.

> I'd guess that its a real pain in the ass to maintain GNATS, judging from
> the effort Brian had to put into it just to get it running.

Not a pain in the ass, just not push-button-go.  There's no native web
interface for GNATS so I used one which had been hockneyed for a particular
company and bundled with the distribution, and generalized it a bit, though it
needs a lot more work obviously.  But that work is mostly cosmetic, except for
eventually I'd like to back it with a database, which would mean running a DB
on hyperreal.

> > And, if there isn't, there should be a mailing list where all status
> > changes are sent to.
>
> We had something set up on apache-bugdb@apache.org, but it seems to
> have died.

It's still alive, it's just unused right now.  Current roster:

  brian@organic.com
  akosut@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us
  mark@ukweb.com
  paul@ukweb.com
  andrew@icarus.demon.co.uk
  sameer@c2.net
  laurel@c2.net
  paul@hyperreal.com

I think it would be tremendous if we could do it.  I have a whole mailbox full
of issues to deal with regarding improving various parts of the docs, which I
think can be done between the last beta and 1.2 final (since they're not code
changes).

	Brian