httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: Countdown to 1.2b5
Date Fri, 24 Jan 1997 08:46:27 GMT
On Thu, 23 Jan 1997, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> Do we have a release manager?  Well, I'll at least get it started.
> We already have too many fixes in 1.2b5 to wait too long, so I think
> we should squeeze it out as soon as the last ready-and-needed patch
> is applied.  That means
>
>     RLimit bug fix
>         Votes : +1 Roy, ??(I know somebody else reviewed it)

I have committed this patch.

>     Security hole for long ////// URLs

I'm confused.  I thought we had committed this.  At least, the code appears to
have had the patches applied to it:

  #if defined(ENOENT) && defined(ENOTDIR)
        else if (errno == ENOENT || errno == ENOTDIR) {
  #else
  #error ENOENT || ENOTDIR not defined -- check the comment below this line in the source
for details

Is this still a problem?

>     Parameter for sigaction call in http_main.c not being initialized

This looks non-bogus to me, a simple change which could explain some mysterious
deaths we've had recently when doing a kill -HUP nightly to rotate the logs.
I'll send a separate patch message for your voting pleasure.

>                 It is possible that using both signal and sigaction is
>                 a bad idea, but a larger change can wait.
>
> Are there any more that need to go in before 1.2b5?  There are still a
> lot of open reports on the bugdb -- I went through and upgraded the status
> of anything I knew about, but many of the open reports may refer to
> things that were fixed while I was in Australia and can't remember,
> or just refer to parts of Apache which I do not know enough about.

I will attempt to go through some of them as well, but I really think 1.2b5 is
needed out there very badly, and the other fixes can wait.

	Brian