httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Brian Behlendorf <>
Subject Re: snprintf & release schedule
Date Fri, 17 Jan 1997 08:54:02 GMT
On Fri, 17 Jan 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:
> Then we need to bring in ap_snprintf into the tree.  We either need it
> working on 64-bit machines or need to say "this beta won't work on 64-bit
> machines unless you have snprintf".  

Irix 6.2 does not appear to have snprintf.  Maybe 6.3 or 6.4 does, I don't
know.  At least, "man snprintf" and "grep snprintf" on files under /usr/include
didn't return anything.

Marc, if you want a login to a 6.2 machine I can probably arrange that.

> At that point, what is left before the next beta can be released?  If
> there is anything else that needs to go in before 1.2, it should be done
> now if possible.  

I'd say the snprintf patch is the only thing I would want before the next beta.
Lots of unresolved bugs in the bugdb I at least want to look at before 1.2

> The FIN_WAIT_2 stuff is a big problem.  I have a report from a SunOS user
> that NO_LINGCLOSE did _not_ help but using my hacked http_main.c did.
> Still trying various things to see what it was, should know more tomorrow,
> but it looks like there may be something in the wait_or_timeout changes.  

I have been left in the dust by the voluminous conversation on this matter -
since it appears to still be voodoo despite the hours spent on it, would it be
worth writing up a complete problem report, and sending it out over the
apache-announce mailing list?  I think so.  I would expect *someone* to know
what's going on.  Maybe even provide some compilation options so folks can test
different "fixes" and give feedback on them.  I guess I'm saying, if we're
running out of brainpower on this list to solve this, we've got an army of fans
to help us solve the problem.  We just need to make sure we don't waste their
time by asking the wrong questions.

> Any other issues that should be resolved should be brought up now if we
> want to avoid 43 patches the hour before the beta...
> Possible ones:
> 	- ssi slowness

I would like someone to at least look at Rasmus's suggestion of mmapping the

> 1.2 doesn't seem to be as settled as I would like yet, but... hopefully it
> will come together.

By hook or by crook!



View raw message