httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "FIN_WAIT_2 problem" on Irix (fwd)
Date Sat, 11 Jan 1997 01:08:28 GMT

Someone from Apache who knows their TCP and who knows what our code is doing
with respects to TCP should talk with someone at SGI who is similarly
proficient.

	Brian

On Sat, 11 Jan 1997, Rob Hartill wrote:
> Can anyone help ?

SGI and found that there was a Request for Enchancement (RFE) on this subject [ref# 228355]
but it was rejected by their engineers because they would need to go against T

> CP specs.  This means that SGI has officially declared that they will not create a work-around
for the FIN_WIAT_2 hang problem.  We are taking around 7 million hits a day over 21 web servers.
 At this level, I am forced to reboot each server at least once

>  a day.  I am following up with the sales/marketing side to put preasure on them to see
the errors of this descision, but this will take time.

> The question:  In the mean time, does anyone there know what is different between the
1.1.1 & 1.2b releases that is causing this problem to show itself now?  If the difference
can be located, perhaps a temporary fix can be created to the Apache code.  Is