httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Nested dirs with .htaccess: only last one prevails. Security bug!" on BSDI
Date Wed, 08 Jan 1997 04:44:04 GMT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 97 17:45:03 EST
From: Mike Muuss <mike@ms.ha.md.us>
To: ben@algroup.co.uk
Cc: new-httpd@hyperreal.com, mike@ms.ha.md.us
Subject: Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Nested dirs with .htaccess: only last one prevails. Security
bug!" on BSDI (fwd)

Hello again, Ben -

My apologies for misleading you, I've been able to reproduce the
"problem" I reported as far back as NCSA 1.5.  I don't know why my user
didn't see it earlier.

However, in talking with other Webmasters, _every_one_ of them has been
of the impression that .htaccess files nested; some were horrified to
learn that this isn't currently true.  Me included. :-)

So a flag and a bit of new code would be _heartily_ appreciated! :-)

	Thanks,
	 -Mike