httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.com>
Subject Apache 1.2b4 under MachTen 4.0.3 (fwd)
Date Mon, 06 Jan 1997 01:59:49 GMT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 17:15:14 -0500
From: Louis Chretien <ludwig@jdeq.com>
To: new-httpd@hyperreal.com
Subject: Apache 1.2b4 under MachTen 4.0.3

To whom it may concern:

I downloaded this afternoon the latest copy of Apache (1.2b4) in order to
build it under MachTen. And I must admit to being pleasantly surprised: it
built ALMOST out of the tar file!

Would it be possible to incorporate in a future version of Apache the
following modifications to the build files?

File src/Configure: (near the end)

<snip>

    powerpc-tenon-machten)
    OS='MacTen'
	LFLAGS="$LFLAGS -Xlstack=131072 -Xldelcsect"
	;;
    *) # default: Catch systems we don't know about
    	echo Sorry, but we cannot grok \"$PLAT\"

<snip>

to replace the actual definition for Machten. In order for this to work,
the script helpers/GuessOS needs to be changed to:

File helpers/GuessOS:

<snip>

	SINIX*)
	    echo "${MACHINE}-sni-sysv4"; exit 0
	    ;;

	machten:*)
	    echo "${MACHINE}-tenon-${SYSTEM}"; exit 0
	    ;;

	library:*)
	    echo "${MACHINE}-ncr-sysv4"; exit 0
	    ;;

<snip>

with these two changes, Apache should build right out of the tar file for
Machten users.

Thanks for a great product and keep up the good work!

P.S.: i've attached the two files for you. You can probably do diffs on them.