httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src mod_info.c
Date Tue, 28 Jan 1997 03:44:18 GMT
On Mon, 27 Jan 1997, Alexei Kosut wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Jan 1997, Randy Terbush wrote:
>
> > I gave up on doing remote commits. Mainly because I was not willing
> > to take the chance on screwing up the repository, and I was not
> > confident that it _should_ work. :) I'd be interested in knowing
> > if anyone else can do remotes.
>
> I've been doing remote commits ever since we started using CVS, first
> with rsh and then later with CVS' pserver. I don't know if I've ever
> commited something locally.

What advantages do you find with pserver over rsh?  (well, I use ssh since
experience makes me too paranoid to use rsh but...)

I found my problem.  /usr/local/bin/cvs _was_ first in my path, I _was_
setting CVS_SERVER, but the silly log_accum.pl script was just running
"cvs" and my path wasn't getting set correctly for non-interactive shells
because I'm stupid and bash is stupid.  Sigh.  /usr/bin/cvs outputs a
different format for the status command, which log_accum.pl couldn't find.

Do others get the correct log message template (eg. "Reviewed by:" line
there, etc.) when committing remotely using rsh?  What happens for me is
that I get what looks like a default one without the "Reviewed by:", etc.
lines.  From the trace output, cvs later tries to start vi on _taz_ (with
the template there?), which quickly fails because I don't have a pty.