httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: Our image, up-to-date website, and PR #44
Date Fri, 24 Jan 1997 23:14:43 GMT
On Fri, 24 Jan 1997, Alexei Kosut wrote:

> My point is this: I want to be able to develop Apache passively. I
> mean this in the sense of how the bug reporting via email system works
> now: I read through my email, and glance at bug reports as they come
> in. If there's one I know anything about, I can say or do
> something. Otherwise, I can just hit delete. I don't want to have to
> have any more active participation (such as opening a web browser and
> clicking on things) than that.

Yup.  And when gnats is setup the way I think it should be it will send
mail to a list for every new bug or status change.  Followups via email
can automatically be included in the record in the bug database, or
someone can bring up a point without including it in the by just replying
to the list but not having it included in the database.

I've done a bit with gnats in the past, and it is a reasonable system even
though it is really broken, ugly, inefficient, hard to use and
non-intuitive.  That other system (forget the name, Roy mentioned it, have
played with it a bit) has a far better web interface since that is what it
is really built around, but I'm not sure how good the email side of things
are.