httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: [BUG]: "Problem in http_main.c on Linux " on Linux (fwd)
Date Sun, 19 Jan 1997 20:51:51 GMT
Except that wasn't added until 1.2b4.

I would say check permissions on /usr/tmp (some systems have it only root
writable since /usr/tmp is lame) and be sure it isn't on a NFS mounted
filesystem.

On Sun, 19 Jan 1997, Randy Terbush wrote:

> This could be related to the O_EXCL flag we added to the open in
> accept_mutex_lock().
>

> > I've been trying to trace this with no avail... has anyone else had this
> > type of a problem?
> >

> > youngd@internetwerks.com said:
> > > From nobody@hyperreal.com  Thu Jan 16 18:45:44 1997
> > > From: youngd@internetwerks.com
> > > To: awm@qosina.com
> > > Date: Thu Jan 16 15:46:39 1997
> > > Subject: [BUG]: "Problem in http_main.c on Linux " on Linux
> > >
> > > Submitter: youngd@internetwerks.com
> > > Operating system: Linux, version:
> > > Version of Apache Used: 1.2b3
> > > Extra Modules used: none
> > > URL exhibiting problem:
> > >
> > > Symptoms:
> > > --
> > > Received the following message:
> > > [Thu Jan 16 16:09:02 1997] fcntl: F_SETLKW: Invalid argument
> > > [Thu Jan 16 16:09:02 1997] - Error freeing accept lock. Exiting!
> > >
> > > I checked in the code where this resides in http_main.c... Lines 217-225 contain
this code. I commented out the exit(1) section for now to hack it into obeying me. I will
investigate this problem when I have time. If you would like to check it out on the system
I am running, let me know...