httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: lingering_close
Date Tue, 14 Jan 1997 19:38:35 GMT
On Tue, 14 Jan 1997, Randy Terbush wrote:

> We currently _aren't_ calling lingering_close() in timeout().
> I'm of the opinion that we should be. We call blclose() which
> is closing the socket. We then longjump back to child_main()
> where I _think_ that we are calling lingering_close() which
> leads to the "Invalid argument" error coming from the error
> code I added to the first shutdown() call in lingering_close().

I can't comment on where what is being done and where what should be done
since I don't have the time to look through the code right now, but I
iff NO_LINGCLOSE helps, then the problem is not likely to be due to not
using lingering_close() in timeout() because we didn't do that
before because it didn't exist before and it did work fine for
people that are now haveing problems.  That doesn't necessarily
mean what we are doing now is right or shouldn't be changed.

Keep in mind that we may be seeing multiple problems here, since some
don't seem to be helped by NO_LINGCLOSE.