httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject please test snprintf (really this time)
Date Mon, 13 Jan 1997 01:20:52 GMT
Please get http://www.worldgate.com/~marcs/ap/snprintf-test.tar.gz
and extract it.  It contains ap_snprintf routines and a test program
that isn't very pretty but has some use.  Then try the following:

	- if you don't have *cvt(), uncomment the CVTFLAGS line in the
	  Makefile to use the ones in ap_snprintf.c.  If your OS
	  does have them, and is something that isn't marked below as
	  having them, let me know.  In any case, be sure to try
	  the tests once with CVTFLAGS uncommented since I'm leaning
	  towards saying it should be shipped to use our own (stolen)
	  *cgt()'s for all systems.
	- if your OS has snprintf, make diff will show the differences
	  between the same program using ap_snprintf and your vendor
	  snprintf.
	- make good-diff will show the differences between what
	  ap_snprintf should output (ie. what it does for me) and what
	  it does on your platform.  Some differences, mainly related
	  to [-]0, are expected.

Please report any compile time warnings or (especially) errors and any
unexpected output in the diffs to me.

I have tested it and it works for me on:
  SunOS falun 5.5 Generic_103093-06 sun4m (*cvt)
  SunOS obed-le0 4.1.4 1 sun4m (*cvt)
  IRIX cab101 5.3 11091812 IP22 (*cvt)
  BSD/OS valis.worldgate.com 2.0.1 BSDI BSD/OS 2.0.1
  AIX gpu5 1 4 000002929000 (*cvt)
  FreeBSD alive.ampr.ab.ca 2.1.5-RELEASE

It is very important to test this on as many other platforms as
possible because otherwise the gods will be angry and will make
bad things happen.