httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: PLEASE try compiling snprintf.c (was: Re: snprintf.c uploaded)
Date Sun, 12 Jan 1997 22:07:14 GMT
On Sun, 12 Jan 1997, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Marc Slemko wrote:

> > > Hmmm... on the systems I've tried, *cvt()s are already available :/
> >
> > Oh.  Which ones?
> >
> > Solaris, AIX, SunOS and IRIX do.  FreeBSD and BSD/OS don't.
>
> Don't FreeBSD and BSD/OS have snprintf()? If so, then they don't
> need our version.

Yes, it isn't a problem for FreeBSD and BSD/OS but I think it _will_ be a
portability problem on other platforms.

Sigh.  My thinking right now is that is that since the *cgt routines from
the libs with xinetd are reasonably short and look to be portable, we may
as well rename them and use them everywhere.

We could do another ifdef HAVE_CVT and use native ones, but I'm not sure I
trist *cvt implementations.  Hmm.  Could we replace *cvt with sprintf?