httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: cvs sanity check
Date Sun, 12 Jan 1997 02:22:10 GMT
On Sat, 11 Jan 1997, Randy Terbush wrote:

> Just to check before I blow something...
>
> I'm working with the RELEASE_1_1_X branch. I'm about to tag that
> branch with:
>
> cvs tag RELEASE_1_1_2
>
> This should only apply to the RELEASE_1_1_X branch, no?

I think it should do what you want.

The trick is that I wouldn't really view tags as applying to branches with
cvs;  branches don't really exist in cvs, they are just an easy way to
have more than one current revision.  The place where it is applied isn't
really seperated by branches, so it sortof applies to all branches.  There
are places where cvs is very broken WRT how it handles branches, depending
on what version you use.