httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject [BUG]: "Apache web site apparently doesn't document version 1.1.x" on OTHER: (fwd)
Date Fri, 31 Jan 1997 03:19:13 GMT

not acked

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu Jan 30 18:47:23 1997
From: daniel@compass-da.com
To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
Subject: [BUG]: "Apache web site apparently doesn't document version 1.1.x" on OTHER:

Submitter: daniel@compass-da.com
Operating system: OTHER:, version:
Version of Apache Used: 1.1.1 (from Debian 1.2.x)
Extra Modules used: B/A
URL exhibiting problem:

Symptoms:
--
The manual page says documentation is available
at http://www.apache.org, but you don't seem to

For example,
http://www.apache.org/docs/invoking.html
define that "apache -h" should print usage information.
My executable doesn't recognize that option, so
obviously this documentation isn't for version 1.1.

Please keep one or two old versions of the documentation
where users can find it.

(Or ship documentation with the software, so the
documentation won't become inaccessible.)

(Also, excuse me if Debian has rearranged things
more than I think and this is from them, not
you.)

--

Backtrace: