httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject RE: [BUG]: "REMOTE_USER environment variable not set on authenticated scripts" on Solaris 2.x (fwd)
Date Wed, 29 Jan 1997 20:01:55 GMT

followup to earlier bug report

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 14:45:51 -0500
From: Adrian Hall <ahall@xionics.com>
To: 'Rob Hartill' <robh@imdb.com>
Subject: RE: [BUG]: "REMOTE_USER environment variable not set on authenticated scripts" on
Solaris 2.x

My mistake (maybe)....When I changed the authentication to pg95, I put in the following:

<Limit GET>
require valid-user
</Limit>

Apache still let me run the CGI script/form processor - the difference being that I didnt
get the QUERY_STRING or form results passed to the script.  I personally think this is a bug
(it surely shouldnt run the script at all).  Anyhow, I altered the .htac
cess so that it did <Limit GET POST> and it works fine now.

Adrian