httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject UserDir (fwd)
Date Sun, 19 Jan 1997 23:10:57 GMT

I don't use this feature. It sounds like he's doing everything right.

don't forget to mail Sean if you have the answer.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 15:40:24 -0600 (CST)
From: Sean Kelly <kkms@ix.netcom.com>
To: apache-bugs@apache.org
Subject: UserDir

I compiled Apache 1.2b4 with the UserDir module thing in the Configuration
file. I setup the config files to look for users' html in public_html:

--------------------- srm.conf
# UserDir: The name of the directory which is appended onto a user's home
# directory if a ~user request is recieved.

UserDir public_html
--
but when I go to the webserver:
(50) root@zombie:~# lynx zombie/~kkms/

I get:
                                                     404 File Not Found

                                File Not Found

   The requested URL /~kkms/ was not found on this server.

Is this a bug? I put an index.html in ~kkms/public_html too. I know the
server can read the file because it is uid and gid root. I am running this
on a Linux machine with kernel 2.0.28. I never had this problem with
Apache 1.0.0 (which came with Slackware).

I'd appreciate any help you could give me. Thank you for your time,

         Sean Kelly