httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <>
Subject Apache Bug? (fwd)
Date Thu, 16 Jan 1997 18:05:22 GMT

More technical questions for the technically minded..

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 09:38:14 -0500
From: Robert Myers <>
Subject: Apache Bug?

I am not certain that I have a bug but here is my situation.

I am currently running OSF1 version 3.0.  I am hosting a few web sites.
Some with Netscrapes Server, and some with apache.  I am behind a
firewall.  Whenever I go to an IP that does not have a webserver running
on it...the apache server replies.

I do a netstat -a and I find that *.80 is being Listened on.  and not
hostname.80 as I think it should be.

Is there some sort of problem with apache and dealing with multiple
webservers and firewalls?  Or am I just an idiot here? :)

-Bob Myers
Unix Systems Engineer
The Networks, Inc.

View raw message