httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: [BUG]: "POST to CGI as DirectoryIndex broken in 1.2bX" on Solaris 2.x
Date Wed, 15 Jan 1997 22:01:07 GMT

Ok, thanks for the info. We'll see what can be done.

cheers,
rob

On Wed, 15 Jan 1997 elitman@viaduct.com wrote:

> Submitter: elitman@viaduct.com
> Operating system: Solaris 2.x, version: 2.4
> Version of Apache Used: Tried in all 1.2betas
> Extra Modules used: standard
> URL exhibiting problem:
>
> Symptoms:
> --
> With DirectoryIndex set to index.cgi and .cgi specified as an executable file type, POST
requests to a directory (i.e. <form action="/" method=POST>) are passed via CGI as GET
requests to the index.cgi, rather than as POST requests.

> This worked correctly under 1.1.1, verified (just now) under both Solaris 2.4 and NeXTSTEP
3.3. Using the same config files between version, it does NOT work correctly under any of
the 1.2bX series.