httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <>
Subject WWW Form Bug Report: "Extremely slow on SunOS 4.1.3" on SunOS 4.x (fwd)
Date Sun, 12 Jan 1997 03:49:25 GMT

Another one. Tuesday must have been a bad day for keeping up
with the incoming mail for me..

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue Jan 7 10:07:19 1997
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "Extremely slow on SunOS 4.1.3" on SunOS 4.x

Operating system: SunOS 4.x, version:
Version of Apache Used: 1.2b4
Extra Modules used: none
URL exhibiting problem:

I normally run version 1.0.5 and all is well.  I have been trying out
version 1.2b4, and it is significantly slower than the other version.
I am using the exact same config file for both versions.  I have disabled KeepAlives.
1.2b4 pauses for quite some time between the point where it accepts
a request and the time it begins sending data.
This is on a Sun Sparc 20/70 with 256 megs of RAM.  It handles about
500,000 hits per day.  I'd really like to find out what's going in,
as the new features really apeal to me.

View raw message