httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject WWW Form Bug Report: "Extremely slow on SunOS 4.1.3" on SunOS 4.x (fwd)
Date Sun, 12 Jan 1997 03:49:25 GMT

Another one. Tuesday must have been a bad day for keeping up
with the incoming mail for me..

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue Jan 7 10:07:19 1997
From: mark@islandnet.com
To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "Extremely slow on SunOS 4.1.3" on SunOS 4.x

Submitter: mark@islandnet.com
Operating system: SunOS 4.x, version:
Version of Apache Used: 1.2b4
Extra Modules used: none
URL exhibiting problem:

Symptoms:
--
I normally run version 1.0.5 and all is well.  I have been trying out
version 1.2b4, and it is significantly slower than the other version.
I am using the exact same config file for both versions.  I have disabled KeepAlives.
1.2b4 pauses for quite some time between the point where it accepts
a request and the time it begins sending data.
This is on a Sun Sparc 20/70 with 256 megs of RAM.  It handles about
500,000 hits per day.  I'd really like to find out what's going in,
as the new features really apeal to me.
--

Backtrace: