httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject 1.3 veto ?
Date Thu, 09 Jan 1997 21:28:20 GMT
On Thu, 9 Jan 1997, Alexei Kosut wrote:

> Remember, we were supposed to have 1.2.0 out by the end of August, and
> then we were going to get right to work on 2.0. It's January
> already. Don't bother talking about a 1.3, please... I'm vetoing it
> right now.

A mod_ssl ready Apache would be *real* nice. If 1.3 isn't allowed to fly,
call it 2.0 and Alexei can work on 3.0   :-b

Seriously, I've no objections to a 1.3/2.0 split at this point. There's
plenty of mileage left in the 1.0 code and plenty of changes that are
in the queue but feature-frozen out of 1.2. It's gonna be a long wait for
2.0

Alexei, please remind me what your objections are to 1.3.

Anyway, we should decide if vetoing a code split is allowed or not. Vetoing
the release of 1.3 because it's not up to scratch is reasonable, refusing
it a chance to prove itself isn't reasonable (IMO) - if enough people are
willing to work on it and the results are worthy of a release then that
seems good enough reason for me to allow people to try.

The only condition I'd put on a 2.0/1.3 split would be that the 1.*
line officially stops when 2.0 has a beta release timetable.


rob

Mime
View raw message