httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@mail1.bellglobal.com
Subject Re: Support organisations
Date Thu, 09 Jan 1997 18:09:47 GMT
> I seem to remember that we actually just point to the Apache web pages for
> related projects.

Perhaps mod_php and mod_perl should be listed on the related projects
page at http://www.apache.org/related_projects.html then.  Here is the
PHP entry if it is deemed appropriate to add.  Some may argue that this
belongs in the Apache Module registry, but technically PHP/FI doesn't need
to run as a module, it can run as a CGI with Apache or any other web server
for that matter.  Of course, it is much more useful as a module.  It is also
much bigger and more complex than your average module.  I think it belongs
there alongside mod_perl.

  <H3>PHP/FI Project</H3>

  PHP/FI implements a simple HTML-embedded scripting language.  It includes
  a built-in page logging/counting mechanism with the ability to log hits to
  an SQL database.  It also supports a number of RDBMS packages including
  mSQL 1, mSQL 2, mysql, Solid, Postgres95 and Sybase.

  <BLOCKQUOTE>
  For more information on PHP/FI see the
  <A HREF="http://www.vex.net/php/">PHP/FI Homepage</A> (Toronto).
  </BLOCKQUOTE>