httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@mail1.bellglobal.com
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "can't compile with mysql" on Solaris 2.x (fwd)
Date Fri, 03 Jan 1997 15:48:16 GMT
> I am currently trying to get Oracle, sybase, msql and mysql into
> one 'SQL' module; which little stub libraries into each of the
> connecting API's of the vendor; but for now the legal-ese is still
> baffling me. But this should surface soon. But until then; mysql does
> not work with the msql lib/module.

You should probably have a look at PHP from http://www.vex.net/php/

I am currently able to link Sybase, mSQL, mysql, Solid and Postgres95
client libraries into Apache all at once, or separately.  Things are
also progressing quickly on the odbc front.  This means that auth modules
can be written extremely easily in PHP right now.  They can probably also
be written rather easily in Perl.

I still think a single unified mod_auth_sql is a good idea, as well as a
mod_auth_odbc.  You should be able to scam most of what you need to do this
from the PHP sources.  Except for the Oracle part.  Oracle hurts my brain,
and I hate pre-processors.

-Rasmus