httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: BUG: suEXEC problem: QUERY_STRING not set (fwd)
Date Fri, 31 Jan 1997 17:16:45 GMT
Randy Terbush wrote:

> > On Fri, 31 Jan 1997, Jason A. Dour wrote:

> > > Acked.  This confirms a enivron** error for at least two platforms now.
> > > Randy, how is your research going?
> >
> > See PR#142.
> >
> > (remove the free(environ)).
> >

> Actually, The code does:
>
>     environ = cleanenv;
>     free(cleanenv);
>
> Is this an issue where I should be doing memcpy(&environ, &cleanenv)?

Errrr ... environ=cleanenv is the same as memcpy(&environ, &cleanenv,
sizeof environ). However, neither makes much sense in the context of
free(cleanenv). Where exactly is this piece of code?

> The current code works fine on FreeBSD.

Probably because FreeBSD doesn't immediately trash the freed chunk of heap. But
I need to see the code to be sure.

Cheers,

Ben.