httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: IRIX and FIN_WAIT_2 timeouts
Date Fri, 31 Jan 1997 13:06:45 GMT
Andrew Wilson wrote:

> Jim Jagielski:
> >

> [ irix tcp/ip upgrade... ]
>
> > Boy this doesn't feel right.... Something in Apache causing people
> > to add patches to their TCP/IP implementations which can arguably
> > be said to violate the RFC.
> >
> > Something tells me if we weren't #1 and had the muscle, and we had
> > this problem, that we'd find some other way to fix it...
>
> Mmm, is Apache in the wrong in this case?

I don't think so, but if SGI are saying that this problem occurs with Apache
but not with other webservers then we ought to do something about it!

The FIN_WAIT_2 is a generic problem, but Apache was causing more of them than
it needed to, as far as I can work out. But we think we've fixed that, don't
we?

Cheers,

Ben.