httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@liege.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: web page on fin_wait_2 problem
Date Sun, 26 Jan 1997 21:10:34 GMT
MSIE 3.01 on Macintosh behaves identically to Netscape Navigator 3.x
in regard to holding onto connections.  I suggest replacing your
narrative of "Netscape" with "Client" or "Bad client".  Also, in general
you should refer to the browser by its product name "Navigator", since
some people are sensitive about their corporate name being used to
describe particular applications.

Nice summary in general.  Feel free to include the entire, detailed
technical description of the need for some sort of linger that I sent
earlier, perhaps as an appendix.

.....Roy