httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: Countdown to 1.2b5
Date Sat, 25 Jan 1997 16:47:08 GMT
>From the fingers of Rob Hartill flowed the following:
>
>I'm going to veto a 1.2b5 release until I see some evidence from
>people on this list that they've seen it *compile* on a variety of
>OSes.
>
>Can we have confirmation on success with most/all of these:

    Compiles fine on Digital UNIX (OSF/1).  The runtime is hardly tested,
    but it compiles, which is what Rob wanted :-].  There's one minor
    nit which has been reported before:

cc -c   -O2 -DOSF1 -DSTATUS   mod_rewrite.c
/usr/lib/cmplrs/cc/cfe: Warning: ./mod_rewrite.h:109: Macro _const redefined.

    mod_rewrite appears to be the only module that isn't happy with the
    canonical "static const char *mumble()" declaration used elsewhere.
    The comments imply that this is because the module was intended to
    be usable, in its latest form, with both 1.1 and 1.2.  Is this still
    applicable, and is it worth mod_rewrite being different from the
    others in this way?

    #ken    :-)}