httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@liege.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: Patch for new Timeouts
Date Tue, 21 Jan 1997 14:19:26 GMT
OTOH, our existing alarm code is seriously screwed.  I couldn't tell
if it is interfering with the lingering close or not, and I'm pretty
sure the whole thing is blown out if the rfc1413.c is used.  Likewise
if any module is silly enough to want an alarm, there is no interface
to support it.

All alarms should be cleared before calling (or inside) lingering_close,
but that doesn't seem to be the case right now.  In other words,
+1 for Randy's tiny patch to add kill_timeout(r); above lingering_close
(or, better yet, above the entire NO_LINGCLOSE ifdef in http_main.c).
If it fixes the problem, then it means some piece of code is forgetting
to clear an alarm before returning.

It would also be nice if rfc1413.c was fixed.

.....Roy