httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: 1.1.3
Date Tue, 14 Jan 1997 10:13:19 GMT
    This may have already been discussed and I missed it, but this just
    occurred to me..

    Too many "/"s can confuse stat(); the obvious workaround (indulging
    my penchant for stating the obvious) is to collapse consecutive
    occurrences.  What about other pathological path specifications,
    though, such as "/x/y/z/../z/../z/../z/../z/../z[...]"?  If that can
    cause similar problems, the only thing that slogs into my brain at
    this hour is to iteratively break such a path into arbitrary chunks,
    stat() the first chunk for validity, chdir() [yggh] to the validated
    location, and repeat with the next chunk as a relative path.
    However, I'm far from being an expert in these matters..

    #ken    |-O}  <yawn>