httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "PATH_INFO from SSI Execs in 1.2?" on Linux (fwd)
Date Tue, 07 Jan 1997 15:11:21 GMT
>From the fingers of Jason A. Dour flowed the following:
>
>	He's one of my folk...the Webmaster for the University of
>Louisville.  He and I are working rather closely on Apache here at UofL.
>I told him to submit this bug since I wasn't certain if it had already
>been reported.

    I reported it a while ago (~11 December 1996, 1.2b2).  Alexei
    informed me (26 December 1996) that it's acknowledged as a bug.  The
    workaround is for scripts to check FILEPATH_INFO as well as
    PATH_INFO.  Scripts executed via SSI will get the path information
    in the former; scripts executed by direct reference will get it in
    the latter.

    I don't recall seeing any patches to fix this go by on the mailing
    list, though.

    #ken    :-(}