httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: snprintf()
Date Tue, 07 Jan 1997 10:34:30 GMT
>From the fingers of Marc Slemko flowed the following:
>
>I think there is close to 100% agreement to put a snprintf in, but should
>it be before 1.2?  I asked for opinions on that and didn't get too much
>back.

    +1.  The possibility of temporarily introducing some problems in
    1.2b5 (hopefully to be reported & fixed before V1.2 - if there are
    any) is mildly disturbing, but the potential for buffer overruns in
    the final 1.2 I find truly alarming.

    If we *do* roll in a snprintf, another beta becomes a necessity, of
    course.

    #ken    :-)}