httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: Whither new enhancements?
Date Sun, 05 Jan 1997 23:18:59 GMT
>From the fingers of Rob Hartill flowed the following:
>On Thu, 2 Jan 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>"Rodent of Unusual Size".   Hmmm. Some parents are sooo cruel.

    Not a fan of _The Princess Bride_, I see.. ;->

>So what do we call you for short ?  "Rodent" or "big rat" ?

    ROUS and Capybara have been used with some success in the past, as have
    Beldar and Jeratol (with rather more success).  Or you can use my mundane
    name, Ken.  Your choice..

    [On a side note: I *did* receive a marketing spam that tried to give
    itself the personal touch by using my first name - so it started with the
    salutation, "Dear Rodent:".. ;-)]

>>     The question I have is: with 1.2 in feature-freeze mode, and (from the
>>     sounds of it) a certain disinclination to have another release (1.3)
>>     before 2.0, what should I do with these enhancements?  (Be nice, now!)
>I didn't notice any replies, so I'd suggest you drop them into
>the patch dir.

    Okey-dokey.  I also have patches for the appropriate documentation files
    (directives.html and mod_dir.html), natch.

    #ken    :-)}	Jeratol the Chaotic

View raw message