httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p.richa...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: function prototypes
Date Thu, 02 Jan 1997 11:30:46 GMT

The API issue needs looking at properly for 2.0. We don't really have a
published API as such, we have mechansisms that make extensibility of
the server easy. There's no published interface regarding what
can or can't be done from modules. This is a problem waiting to happen
since it's clear that mod_perl at least is using some internal aspects
of the code that some people weren't expecting it to. Changes to
supposedly internal behaviour of the server is going to break modules
unexpectedly unless we have a published interface.

  Email: p.richards@elsevier.co.uk
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155