httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p.richa...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: Comment fields in htpasswd
Date Thu, 09 Jan 1997 10:29:17 GMT
Mark J Cox <mark@ukweb.com> writes:

> > Should be quite safe to add; I really cannot imagine
> > any system crypt allowing colons in the passwd.

I missed the beginning of this thread? Who says you can't pass colons
to crypt? Crypt can encrypt arbitrary files, it's got zilch to do with
passwords. Colons may not be allowed in passwords but that has nothing
to do with crypt. Since I don't know the context of this I don't know
why this would be an issue.

  Email: p.richards@elsevier.co.uk
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155