httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p.richa...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: Guess what? suEXEC problems in 1.2b4...
Date Thu, 02 Jan 1997 12:44:55 GMT
Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com> writes:

> You are correct, these need to go away. I just discovered that
> FreeBSD-2.2 has a dangerously forgiving malloc and friends. It
> happily plowed through these areas that will probably be a SEGV
> on any other UNIX.

For future ref, read FreeBSD's malloc page, you can create a
config file in /etc that turns on some very strict memory checking
that's generally a good idea on a development box, we've found *lots*
of malloc related bugs in the BSD software with the new malloc that
Poul wrote.

  Email: p.richards@elsevier.co.uk
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155