httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Smith <...@cursci.co.uk>
Subject multiple non-IP intensive virtual hosts
Date Wed, 29 Jan 1997 11:50:05 GMT
I'm not sure if this should work or not - the documentation has yet to
be written :), but I tried to have something like this in my config (it
was 1.2b4):

<VirtualHost a.us.com b.us.com>
  DocumentRoot /whatever
  ServerName a.us.com
</VirtualHost>

where a.us.com and b.us.com represent the same IP address.  However,
only a.us.com actually seems to get recognised in this part of the
config.  Should b.us.com work too, or do I need to have

<VirtualHost a.us.com>
  ServerName a.us.com
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost b.us.com>
  ServerName b.us.com
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost a.us.com b.us.com>
  DocumentRoot /whatever
</VirtualHost>

Essentially a.us.com is the main name for the server, but I don't mind
if people call it b.us.com - though I know they'd still get redirected
to a.us.com with a server redirect.

Mike