httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Re: Agenda for 1.2b7
Date Fri, 31 Jan 1997 09:49:04 GMT

In article <199701302127.PAA10293@earth.execpc.com> you wrote:
> Jake Buchholz had previously stated:
> > Marc Slemko had previously stated:
> > >   * mod_rewrite sizeof() bug
> > Been at work since 9am yesterday, but will try the patch as soon as I can,
> > after some sleep.

> Had a moment to check the patch, and that fixed the problem we were having
> here.

> Whether I have the authority to issue a +1 or not, well, I'll leave that up to
> The Powers That Be...

> As for the mod_rewrite debate that's been going on, my opinion is that I think
> the latest mod_rewrite (2.4.1, Ralf?) should be included in b7, snprintf'd.
> For backward compatibility, check vs. SERVER_VERSION, to see if we snprintf
> or not (1.1.1)...

Hmmm... currently I think it would be best to officially announce that 2.4.1
or 2.4.[2-x] will be last mod_rewrite versions available for 1.1.1. Only
bugfixes will be applied. Then I start immediately with 2.5.0, remove _ALL_
1.1.1-dependend stuff (a lot!) and apply the snprintf patches from Marc.  Then
this will be officially included into the core for 1.2b7!. When I do the
changes manually with most care the 2.5.0 should be really stable.

Greetings,
                                        Ralf S. Engelschall
                                        rse@engelschall.com
                                        http://www.engelschall.com/