httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/htdocs/manual/misc fin_wait_2.html
Date Thu, 30 Jan 1997 01:38:33 GMT
Roy Fielding wrote:

The current docs strongly imply that without lingering_close, that
PUTS and pipelining will not work. As I understand it, this is only
true if there is an error in the transmission. In other words, the
method that Apache uses without lingering_close/SO_LINGER does
work correctly as long as there is no error in the transfer.

Shouldn't we mention that the use of l_c/SO_LINGER is to allow
Apache to work correctly during these problem but are not specifically
related to them working correctly?

Am I rambling??
                  "Not the Craw... the CRAW!"