httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@n2k.com>
Subject Re: [BUG]: "waiting 4 proxy auto configuration file" on SunOS 4.x (fwd)
Date Tue, 28 Jan 1997 15:27:10 GMT
OK, then, you've covered all the obvious things. What you're describing
sounds like a networking item.

If you comment out the line in Apache 1.2's httpd.conf that says

BrowserMatch Mozilla/2 nokeepalive

Does Netscape 2.x then start getting pac files?

That's my only other thought on this, since Netscape 2.x had some weird
behaviors with keepalive. I've cc'ed the other developers in case they
have any thoughts on this problem.

Thanks for using Apache, too.

Maciej Kozinski liltingly intones:

> I've dealed with pac's for a long time. It was very surprising to me. I
> created proper MIME type for pac when I started playing with them.
>  The problem looks like ns2.02 waiting with executing pac until
> something happens: maybe connection getting pac is finished? 3.x does
> not have the same problem: it takes pac and fetches home page
> immediately.
>  I hope that the problem will be solved soon (if it was not). This bug
> looks pretty strange and is a bit hard to investigate :-)

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely.