httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject SO_LINGER and SO_DONTLINGER
Date Sun, 26 Jan 1997 15:46:32 GMT
My TCP/IP handbook is miles away... Anyone know offhand waht SO_DONTLINGER
does to process the request "as quickly as possible"?

The reason: I have 2 A/UX boxes which I'm testing lingering_close on.
  Every 10 mins I have a cron job check the number of WAIT_2 stats
  and log that. It's looking like lingering_close causes more of
  these than without (~20 on one server and ~40 on another, each
  ave about 50khits/day or so). I'm thinking about seeing what
  SO_LINGER does (I seem to recall that it was buggy on SysV4
  platforms mostly) to help, but am also curious what SO_DONTLINGER
  might do.

                  "Not the Craw... the CRAW!"