httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Root <r...@futurefx.com>
Subject Re: how about a mod_dld w/ libdl?
Date Fri, 24 Jan 1997 11:45:02 GMT

> Oh by the way; I found the dlopen() to work on Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD,
> Irix, SunOS and OSF1; so that should not bee to big an limitation. But
> I've only done simple testing; i.e. compiling; adding and deleting
> one or two modules and seeing if i could fetch some pages; but I still
> have a feeling there is something major wrong with the shared config
> space when you actually call the module.
>
> DW.

Hmm, my virtual server code is using it now.. Actualy I've got a
dll_open,  dll_sym, dll_error, and dll_close which will call either
dld or dl based on defines and transparently support both... ;)

I don't know if what I've done is portable, though.. I stick
to linux.. ;)

seems to be working well.. and in combination with pthreads and
fork().. (I've also got a set of thread routines that call pthreads
or emulate something similar with fork())

;)