httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: snprintf and release schedule
Date Sun, 19 Jan 1997 23:52:53 GMT
Randy Terbush wrote:

> The problem being that SO_LINGER does not work as advertised on
> some systems. That was the whole point of lingering_close().

The best solution, I think, would be to avoid SO_LINGER or any
hacks that attempt to "emulate" it. It looks like a shutdown/close
is supposed to be the answer on those SysV4 systems that require
it. For other OSs, it's most probably safer to NOT do the
shutdown, just in case.

We can wrap this around with something like "NEED_SHUTDOWN" or
"SOCKETS_NEED_SHUTDOWN" :/
                  "Not the Craw... the CRAW!"