httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: out of contact
Date Sun, 19 Jan 1997 15:40:58 GMT
> Dean Gaudet wrote:
> >
> > You showed great trust expecting them to do that ;)  I just submitted
> > about 50 domain updates, from the appropriate address with the correct
> > CRYPT-PW info.  Their wonderful scripts happily bounced all those messages
> > back to the admin contacts ... *including the naked password*.  Bleh.  I
> > hear from people using PGP that it doesn't work either.
>
> Heh! Interesting. The .uk domains are now run by Nominet, which does everything
> with PGP. This works beautifully (though I have some issues with their signup
> procedure which I must get round to writing up). I was told that the InterNIC
> copied their PGP stuff from Nominet, so I'm surprised to hear it doesn't work.

Just a small datapoint..

Yesterday, I received failure notification on 4 domains that I had
registered this past Monday. Failed to authenticate PGP signature.
I sent them 3 more times through the course of yesterday and finally
got them to go through on the 3rd attempt.

The big issue I have been going through with the InterNIC lately is
that a FAX from the supposed holding company of the domain will
override the PGP lock.

> Incidentally, with Nominet you can change the DNS delegation via PGP mail and
> it occurs within 2 hours of the request. This saved my bacon when my main
> mail relay and primary nameserver went down over Christmas!

When it works here, it takes less than an hour to get a registration
through. When it works...