httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@n2k.com>
Subject Re: [BUG]: "Certain addresses crash proxy" on SunOS 4.x (fwd)
Date Fri, 17 Jan 1997 20:55:46 GMT
Rob Hartill liltingly intones:

> Mmm, this is interesting. Someone reported that us.imdb.com and
> AltaVista causes their SunOs Netscape to crash. We have round-robin DNS
> and I bet AV does too. Is there some bad interaction between SunOs and
> Apache ?

It sounds more like the size of the h_addr_list SunOS gets back into
a struct hostent from gethostbyaddr() is bigger than some fixed size they
allow for (or possibly it's the h_aliases list). Then:

BOOM!

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
A child of five could understand this!  Fetch me a child of five.