httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@n2k.com>
Subject Re: snprintf & release schedule
Date Fri, 17 Jan 1997 14:51:51 GMT
Please don't forget the virtual host problems which Ben said he'd be looking
at.

I'm also looking at why server is doing so many half-closes (FIN_WAIT_2
problem).

These and Brian's/Marc's seem to be the huge ones. There are a number of
small fixes which have been voted on (I think), and there are at least
2 or 3 warts in the proxy. These can wait.

Brian Behlendorf liltingly intones:

> On Fri, 17 Jan 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:
>
> > The FIN_WAIT_2 stuff is a big problem.  I have a report from a SunOS user
> > that NO_LINGCLOSE did _not_ help but using my hacked http_main.c did.
> > Still trying various things to see what it was, should know more tomorrow,
> > but it looks like there may be something in the wait_or_timeout changes.
>
> I have been left in the dust by the voluminous conversation on this matter -
> since it appears to still be voodoo despite the hours spent on it, would it be
> worth writing up a complete problem report, and sending it out over the
> apache-announce mailing list?  I think so.  I would expect *someone* to know
> what's going on.  Maybe even provide some compilation options so folks can test
> different "fixes" and give feedback on them.  I guess I'm saying, if we're
> running out of brainpower on this list to solve this, we've got an army of fans
> to help us solve the problem.  We just need to make sure we don't waste their
> time by asking the wrong questions.
>
> > Any other issues that should be resolved should be brought up now if we
> > want to avoid 43 patches the hour before the beta...
> >
> > Possible ones:
> > 	- ssi slowness
>
> I would like someone to at least look at Rasmus's suggestion of mmapping the
> file.
>
> > 1.2 doesn't seem to be as settled as I would like yet, but... hopefully it
> > will come together.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
Living in LA is like not having a date on Saturday night.
		-- Candice Bergen