httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: and now back to snprintf (fwd)
Date Wed, 15 Jan 1997 02:18:11 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:

> I was planning on forwarding them... when I got around to it.  <sigh>
>
> I don't think there is too much that wasn't sent to the list, and some of
> it is from the same OS's, but I will forward it to you...
>
> I am not yet sure if there is a problem with the 64-bit stuff or if it is
> a problem with my test code.  It could be something trivial, or it could
> be a nightmare.  Worst case I guess would be that any 64-bit platforms
> without their own snprintf need to just use a wrapper around sprintf.
> Sameer has given me access to a 64-bit machine, so I'm taking a look when
> I get a chance...

I also have a wrapper than I'm more comfy with using... Basically
it uses an automatic char array and uses sprintf() to there.
It then copies the real info from that array to the buffer pointed
to by snprintf(), with all needed limits, etc... I was thinking
about adding a log to error-log when buffers are overwritten.
One nice thing about this is that it uses the OS's own sprintf()
implementation which, we assume, works :)

                  "Not the Craw... the CRAW!"