httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: lingering_close
Date Tue, 14 Jan 1997 21:37:31 GMT
Chuck Murcko wrote:

> Yep. It's possible the patch I mentioned helps SGI folks who set
> -DNO_LINGCLOSE.

I'm guessing that SGI's stack is similar to A/UXs. Both are SysV-based
with BSD networking tagged on. lingering_close() never worked well
with A/UX and that's why it's disabled by default for that platform.
I just assumed it was something particular to A/UX but it looks like
maybe it's not. Let me know which patches we are considering...
I can try them on some A/UX platforms and see if they fix them
as well.

                  "Not the Craw... the CRAW!"