httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@mch.sni.de>
Subject Re: please test snprintf (really this time)
Date Mon, 13 Jan 1997 15:24:23 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote,...
> [...]
> Please report any compile time warnings or (especially) errors and any
> unexpected output in the diffs to me.
> [...]
> It is very important to test this on as many other platforms as
> possible because otherwise the gods will be angry and will make
> bad things happen.

Here's what I got on SINIX-D(i486):

% env LANG=En cc  -W2 -kansi -c ap_snprintf.c
ap_snprintf.c   374: [warning]:   Function strlen called without prototype
ap_snprintf.c   702: [warning]:   Function strlen called without prototype
ap_snprintf.c   749: [warning]:   Function strlen called without prototype
ap_snprintf.c   789: [warning]:   Condition is always true
ap_snprintf.c   862: [warning]:   fd never used
     c1: errors: 0, warnings: 5
% env LANG=En cc -DAP_SNPRINTF -W2 -kansi ap_snprintf.o test.c -o test-ap
test.c       38: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c       39: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c       41: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c       43: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c       45: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c       47: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c       49: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c       51: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c       53: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c       55: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c       57: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c       59: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c       61: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c       63: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c       65: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c       67: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c       69: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c       71: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c       73: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c       75: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c       77: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c       79: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c       83: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c       86: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c       88: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c       90: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c       92: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c       94: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c       96: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c       98: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      100: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      102: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      104: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      106: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      108: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      110: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      112: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      114: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      116: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      118: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      120: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      122: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      124: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      133: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      135: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      137: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      139: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      141: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      143: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      145: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      147: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      149: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      151: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      153: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      155: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      157: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      159: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      161: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      163: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      165: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      167: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      169: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      171: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      173: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      175: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      177: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      179: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      181: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      186: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      188: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      190: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      192: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      194: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      196: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      198: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      200: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      202: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      204: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      206: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      208: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      210: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      212: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      214: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      216: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      218: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      220: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      222: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      224: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      226: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      228: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      233: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      235: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      237: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      239: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      241: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      243: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      257: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      259: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      261: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      263: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      265: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      267: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      269: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      271: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      273: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      275: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      280: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      282: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      284: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      286: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      288: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      290: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      304: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      306: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      308: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      310: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      312: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      314: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      316: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      318: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      320: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      322: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      339: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      341: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      343: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      345: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      347: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      349: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      351: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      355: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      357: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      359: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      361: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      363: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      365: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      367: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
test.c      369: [warning]:   Function ap_snprintf called without prototype
     c1: errors: 0, warnings: 137
/opt/C/bin/uls2hlil:
test.c   22: [error]:    Front end error!  In ULS input, operator had
  invalid type combination:  +(INT 4, PTR 50) -> PTR 50
reason: 0x0
Make: *** [test-ap] Error 1

The Intermediate Language Converter of this "cc" chokes on the
		void *myptr = (void *)1234+i;
=====
The same compilation, with a different, older version of the "cc",
compiles, but the generated output contains control characters
(it exits with code 0, however). The output of test-ap is _not_
appended (770 kB is just too much!).

And it eats real CPU time:
	real        6.1
	user        4.7