httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Clary <jcl...@futurefx.com>
Subject Re: problem with log url overflow found
Date Sat, 11 Jan 1997 23:12:24 GMT

> > > Umm.. what is the difference between rv == 0 and !rv?
> >
> > I seem to remember cases with 1.x gcc where rv=-1 would compare
> > true for !rv. Perhaps my memory is failing me... :)
>
> I think it must be.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ben.

No, he's right, there was a bug in some versions of GCC where using
! on signed integers would return unexpected results.  But, thats
a bug in GCC that should be upgraded away from.  Until recently
I would have figured noone was running it anymore but I bumped
into this problem on a solaris box that had GNU loaded on it and
it was running a web server (ncsa until I got ahold of it) for
an internet provider here in dallas..  They had been running
this poor solaris sparc 20 for a few years and noone ever bothered
(or knew how) to upgrade it.