httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@n2k.com>
Subject Re: Finish 1.2!
Date Sat, 11 Jan 1997 17:13:26 GMT
Jim Jagielski liltingly intones:

> Randy Terbush wrote:
> >
> > I would be against our forcing an OS which has snprintf() into using
> > ours.
>
> Agreed.

Unfortunately, we then have to verify that each OS' snprintf() works as
advertised. I'd rather use our own, and verify it once.

One of the security advantages of xinetd is that it isn't compromised by
cockups in libc.

> > As we have discussed in the past, the common way to do this is to
> > #ifdef NEED_SNPRINTF our suppled snprintf(). Be it a version of Ben's
> > or whatever, I don't have a preference.

Sounds easier to just use our own, Not a veto, +0.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
It is against the law for a monster to enter the corporate limits of
Urbana, Illinois.